Mane Image has many solutions for hair loss in men and women. We have a wide range of treatments and other options individualized just for you. Also, you can adjust your diet to include foods that have hair restorative properties. Here are some of the best foods that are recognized for preventing hair loss, all commonly available at grocery stores:
- Berries of all kinds are celebrated and delicious health foods. They are full of vitamin C, which is a strong antioxidant needed to neutralize free radicals. Existing in even healthy bodies and the environment, free radicals damage cells including the cells that make up hair. They can block hair growth and cause your hair to age. Vitamin C produces collagen, which makes hair stronger and less likely to become brittle and break. This vitamin also is needed to help the body absorb iron. If iron levels are low in the blood, anemia may develop, which has been linked to hair loss.
- Egg yolk is a superfood for your hair. It is full of vitamins that make hair more resistant to damage. Researchers have linked vitamins A and E, biotin, and folate, all contained in egg yolk, to hair growth and healthy hair. Each yolk has a small amount of iron, also needed for healthy hair. The yoke is especially useful in preventing dry, brittle hair. It may take a few weeks of consistent use before you see the benefits of including egg yolks in your diet. Egg whites contain beneficial protein, but the vitamins are mainly concentrated in the yolk.
- Spinach is called "salad for the hair" by some savvy professionals. "It is full of nutrients that promote hair growth such as folate, iron, and vitamins. Vitamin A helps the skin produce an oily substance called sebum that keeps the scalp moist. A moist scalp is needed for healthy hair. Vitamins B and C speed up the rate of hair growth by increasing collagen and keratin. The rich iron content speeds oxygen to the hair follicles, keeping them healthy. If your scalp is inflamed or itchy, the anti-inflammatory properties of spinach may help soothe the irritation. This superfood is not super high on favorite foods lists because of its strong flavor. You can reap the benefits of spinach without having to taste it by adding a handful of spinach leaves to meat stews, soups, and spaghetti sauce.
- Avocados provide healthy fats and are a good source of vitamin E, which is linked to hair growth. They take aim at free radicals with their antioxidants. This tasty, healthy vegetable is a great source of essential fatty acids. These fats are not naturally produced by the body, but they are essential to cell growth. A deficiency in these fats has been linked to hair loss.
- Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta-carotene. The body converts this compound into vitamin A, which is linked to good hair health. It has been found likely that Vitamin A increases hair growth, thickens hair, and prevents hair follicles from failing.
Check with a Hair Loss Specialist
Although there are many foods you can include in your diet to combat hair loss, this may not be enough to achieve the results you desire. Hair loss can stem from a number of causes, and Mane Image has solutions for you. We determine what is causing your hair loss, and then we recommend ways you can achieve your goal.
Non-surgical hair replacements is another great option when dealing with hair loss. This is a comfortable hair prosthesis that is individually fitted to your scalp and looks entirely natural.
Topical treatments with FDA approved drugs is one approach. Laser hair therapy to stimulate hair growth is another. Safe surgical hair replacements may be the answer for some, while others prefer a comfortable hair prosthesis that is individually fitted to your scalp and looks entirely natural.
If you are experiencing hair loss, we invite you to come in for a free consultation. From there, we will recommend solutions based on your particular needs and your budget. Easy payment plans are available to those who qualify.
We look forward to helping you benefit from our extensive knowledge and three decades of experience. Please contact us for an appointment.