mane image news & blog

Does Minoxidil Really Work For a Receding Hairline?
mane image logo

Hair restoration for receding hairlines can be approached in many ways. For both men and women, our goal is provide the most effective treatment during the early stages to protect against further loss. It is important to find the best product that enhances your hair naturally. We recommend Minoxidil as topical treatment, since it stimulates follicle activity, resulting in strong and healthy hair.

What Causes a Receding Hairline in Men?

Men can begin to experience hair loss following puberty, so by the time they reach their late 30's, their hairlines can be receding. It appears to be a hereditary trait, passed from one generation to the next. The hair follicles are overly sensitive to male hormones, and the timing for hair loss to begin is similar among the male family members.

What Causes a Receding Hairline in Women?

Women are more likely to experience thinning hair, but when their hair recedes it is commonly associated with changes in hormones. Menopause can trigger hair loss, but hair follicles can also be damaged by medical conditions, stress and prescription medications.

Why Has My Hair Stopped Growing Back?

Our hair tends to grow about a half-inch each month, and continues to do so for up to six years. It then rests, eventually falls out and is replaced by a new hair that picks up the growth cycle. With healthy follicles, 85 percent of your hair is growing, while the other 15 percent is resting. Unhealthy follicles continue to get smaller, to the point where they are too weak to grow new hairs.

How is a Receding Hairline Treated?

Our goal is to stop your hairline from receding further, and we take each client's needs individually. On average, our scalps have approximately 100,000 hair follicles that produce healthy hair. We normally lose from 50 to 100 hairs daily, and eventually they grow back. When something interferes with the growth cycle of the follicles, the hairs stop regenerating. During a private consultation, we determine the best treatment by first establishing the reasons your hair follicles have stopped producing.

What is Minoxidil?

Minoxidil is a topical application used on the scalp to stop hair loss and receding hairlines. It is the primary ingredient in popular hair restoration products such as Rogaine® and Theroxidil®. It is meant for external use only and applied directly to the scalp. It is the only FDA-approved treatment for certain hair loss patterns.

How Does It Work?

Minoxidil is a vasodilator. It dilates or widens blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more easily. This is particularly important in hair follicles that are functioning below normal. The increase in blood flow to the follicles helps to support the health and strength of the individual hairs.

Who Can Use Minoxidil?

Men and women can use Minoxidil effectively. Since it is a vasodilator, it can have side effects for pregnant women or anyone with heart, kidney or liver issues. When you have your hair restoration consultation, it is important that you discuss your current state of health. Let us know any and all prescription and over-the-counter medications you are using, as well as vitamins and supplements.

When Should I Start?

Minoxidil has been known to stimulate new hair growth, but it is widely accepted as the most powerful solution to stop receding hair in its tracks. This is why it is so important to schedule a consultation with us as sooner than later. The moment you detect your hair has stopped growing back, is the best time to start using a product such as Minoxidil.

Schedule a FREE Private Consultation

We provide individualized solutions to prevent a receding hairline from getting any further. We want you to keep as much of your own healthy hair as possible. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn about the many options available. Minoxidil may be perfect for you!

  • get a FREE consultation

    Everyone's hair loss is unique and it is important that your hair treatment options and solutions are customized to address your individual situation. Whether you want to stop your hair loss, do everything you can to re-grow your hair, or if you just want more hair, with new technology and science, there are so many options now available to you. Fill out our form to get started with your free consultation.

First Name
Please enter you first name.

Last Name
Please enter you last name.

Email
Please enter a valid email address.

Phone
Please enter a valid phone number (123-456-7890).

Comments
Please provide some comments

Invalid Input